Auto-create release (external nuget feed) - follow up

Hello,

We have a nuget package being generated in VSTS and hosted using the VSTS internal nuget package hosting. I have successfully connected using the external nuget feed which can be used when I manually create a release, but was hoping to have this automatically create a release in octopus when a new nuget package is issued in VSTS.

I have discussed exposing the octopus server’s internal nuget to VSTS but my sys admins are not willing to expose octopus in such a manner. I see the post from march of 2016 asking if this is something that would ever be added and told that it wasn’t going to be.

I am wondering if anyone else has found a solution or workaround to this problem and what that solution might be. I am considering doing something stupid like hosting another website internally that vsts can push to which will then direct octopus to trigger a build but would prefer not to do such a silly workaround.

Has anyone found a way to create releases from external feeds automatically, or is this hopefully a feature in development we can look forward to?

Thanks
-Daniel

Hi Daniel, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately Octopus has no support for automatic release creation based on external feeds. We also don’t have a reliable workaround to implement the feature using external services.

This functionality is something that we are discussing internally, and there is a user voice for it at https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/12808599-allow-external-nuget-packages-to-trigger-auto-crea that you can add a vote to. However there is no timeline as to when a feature like this will be released.

Regards
Matthew Casperson

Thanks for the reply, I’ll find some sort of workaround. I went and voted on the user voice story, would be nice if it ever gets implemented.

-Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.