Auditing of step templates

Hi,

Is it possible to view the audit history of step templates?

I’d like to see who added a step template and the changes between each version.

Thanks.

Gruss

Hi Gruss,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This absolutely is possible, the event for creating/modifying step templates in the audit log is ActionTemplate. I have attached a screenshot of an example from my VM where my non admin user creates and edits a step template.

Let me know if you have an further questions or run into any issues here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I’ve checked and I don’t seem to have the event of ActionTemplate (see attached).

I’m using Octopus 3.12.4 if that helps?

Gruss

AuditFilter.PNG

Hi Gruss,

Thanks for getting back! I see what you mean, unfortunately, there is no filter option for the step templates at the moment. they currently fall under the Document Modified field. We know this can be a bit of a pain so we created a GitHub issue to allow searching by document type. We plan on making searching for things in the audit log a bit easier. At the moment you need to search for it manually. Sorry for the bad news here.

Link to the GitHub issue.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel,

Without having an export or ability to filter it is pretty much unusable for me as it is.

Filtering on DocumentModified for the last month shows me 54 pages of results as I can’t restrict it just to step template changes.

I’ll keep an eye on the issue. :slight_smile:

Gruss

Hi Gruss,

No worries, it’s understandable. I have added our conversation as another source to the GitHub issue.

Best regards,
Daniel