Audit of Deployment Events for “DeploymentFailed”

Hi Octopus Support,

We are producing reports on Octopus deployment failures to determine which teams/projects fail the most. When exporting the csv, we filter by “DeploymentFailed.” However, does this account for deployments that were cancelled because of wait time or other issues? Is there a way to include cancelled deployments in the filter?

We just want to produce the most accurate reports on non-successful deployments in our production environment. (we are on Octopus 2019.3.8 LTS)

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch! While you can filter by multiple things in the audit log, unfortunately there’s no such event like DeploymentCancelled. The closest to what you’re after would be to filter by DeploymentFailed and TaskCancelled, but TaskCancelled includes other tasks outside of the deployments.

You might be able to get closer to exactly what you’re needing by using our reporting feature, which can gather up this raw data that you can use to build custom reports out of in a tool like Excel.

I hope that helps! Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions going forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you, Kenneth. This is helpful. If I have any questions on the use of the reporting feature, I will open a new topic in the future.

Thanks again!

Hi Alex,

You’re very welcome! Don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if there’s anything we can assist with. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny