Attached More thanOne Package

I am fairly new to octopus. I have pushed 37 packages from Jenkins to octopus and I am deploying these packages to IIS web server. I noticed that only one package can be included in “Process” within Projects in Octopus cloud. I have 37 packages to get across. Please advise on the necessary steps.

Hi @tominiyi.ajayi,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support and for your question regarding package deployments.

I just have a few questions, if you don’t mind. Is each of these packages a separate project, or are they separate apps of the same project? Are you planning to deploy each project as its website or application in IIS?

Octopus is designed only to deploy one package per process step with the built-in Deploy to IIS. Each package deployment will need unique settings, such as config file transforms, variable replacements, customer install directories, app pool settings, etc.

How you structure your project will depend on the application being deployed. If the project is intended for one large application that includes 37 separate microservices, it will make sense to have one project with 37 package deployment steps. If these packages are all separate applications, it may make sense to use project Orchestration. We have a good doc on project recommendations that can help you decide how to design your project.

I look forward to hearing back from you, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.