Attach Script Module to a Script Step Template

Is it possible to attach a script module to a script step template so that the module is available without having to also attach it to the project? I’m trying to pull some functions out into a script module, but I don’t want to have everyone have to remember to attach the script module separately every time they use the step. (The script module and step template are PowerShell in this case)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome! Unfortunately I think the answer to your question will be no; each script module will have to be included into each project using them. Once it’s included in a project, it will be loaded automatically once for each PS script in your process (so you should only have to include it into your project once), and you could theoretically automate the inclusion of script modules into new projects when you create them.

I hope that helps, and sorry it’s not the best news! Let me know what you think and how you go. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks I suspected that was the case but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something :smile:.

–Chris

Hi Chris,

Anytime! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.