Attach a file in the "Send an Email" template in Octopus

Hello Team,

So basically I am using the “Send an Email” built-in template in Octopus and I want to also send a file as an attachment along-with it. The file gets generated on a specific location on server after each deployment.
Please let me know if there is a possibility to achieve this?

TIA.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately the built-in email step template doesn’t support adding attachments to the email being sent, so it would require some working around to accomplish this requirement. Would a viable solution be to read the contents of the generated file, store this as an output variable, and then include that directly into the email body?

Another potential option would be to upload the file to something like Dropbox and include a link to it in the email.

I know these aren’t ideal solutions, but I hope it helps!

There is also a fairly popular UserVoice suggestion to implement this feature which I’d recommend you throw some votes to!

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.