Applying retention policy errors with "The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters"

Hi,

We’re experiencing this error when applying retention policies.

“The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters”

We have an Octopus project that is deployed very frequently. It is the number of deployments for a particular release that is going over this 2100 limit.

Octopus version is 3.2.11

Has this been patched in a later version?

Thanks.

We stuck with related problem on 2018.2.5 (current latest is 2018.2.8)

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have hit this problem with Octopus. We have released a few fixes in the past that solve the issue of 2100 maximum parameters. However if you are able to send through a raw deployment log, this would help us identify exactly where the exception is coming from so that we can advise whether your particular scenario has been fixed in a later version.

I hope that helps, Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

Hi @tom.williams

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since my last post, we’ve manually deleted the offending release to work around this issue, and as such have lost the logs from the erroring task.

Good to know about the raw logs… will be sure to attach it next time.

On that note, I’ll leave this topic here, and will start a new topic should we see this error again.

Duncan.

Hi Duncan,

I’m glad to hear you got it working again, please don’t hesitate to reach out again if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.