API question: How to find the last deployed Release for particular Environment AND Channel?

Consider we have one environment and Releases from two different channels (A and B) get deployed there and live side by side. I need efficient way to find two releases - the last deployed release which went through the channel A and the last deployed release which went through the channel B.

Hopefully this can be done without enumerating all the Releases, separating them by Channel, and finding the latest.
I need efficient search for deployed Release as function of Environment and Channel.
Any guidance, please?

Thank you!
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

The easiest way (with less API calls) would be to hit the API endpoint /api/progression/[project id] which would give you the same data that we use to build the Project Overview dashboard (see screenshot), which has the latest releases deployed per channel.

Regards,
Dalmiro

I see. This is pretty useful.
Speaking of this particular dashboard - is it configurable in any way?
For me it looks like attached picture. It shows me too many releases for the first channel, so that other channels are off the screen. I’d like to limit it to the latest (or configurable number) Release per channel.

Hi Konstantin,

At the moment that kind of configuration is not possible. Over the years we’ve had plenty of mixed views about what info should the dashboard show, making it really hard for us to come up with a way to tailor it so it pleases everyone. The amount of Dashboard-Related Uservoice suggestions is a proof of this: https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/search?filter=ideas&query=dashboard

We do have plans to re-visit the dashboard/overview to make it more configurable, and Uservoice is definitely the place that we’ll go to look for ideas once the time comes. I suggest you to create a UV suggestion with a very specific feature you’d like to see (i.e. “Limit the amount of releases shown in the overview dashboard”), instead of creating a huge one that proposes many changes. Tiny features like that one are more likely to be implemented than huge overhauls (which you’ll see in plenty of the existing UV).

Regards,
Dalmiro