API packages resource does not contain release notes

Hi Octopus,

For integration scripts we want to get the package release notes of packages hosted in Octopus Nuget server. I try this by using the /api/packages/{packageId} resource, but for all packages the ReleaseNotes property is null.
In the Octopus GUI I do see the release notes of every package.

Is this a bug in Octopus, or do I have to use an other resource in order to get the release notes?

This request is very simular to this request, but that dates from 2017, so it should be fixed right?

We’re working with Octopus Server v2019.12.2.

Kind regards,
Floris Devreese

Hi Floris,

Thanks for getting in touch! We actually fetch the release notes via a different API call, so you’d just need to append this with ?includeNotes=true, so it would look like this /api/packages/{packageId}?includeNotes=true. I’ve attached a screenshot below showing what it looks like with my local test. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Yes, thats it :slight_smile: !
By adding ?includeNotes=true I get the release notes.

Is this URL parameter somewhere documented? In the Swagger documentation I couldn’t find this URL parameter.

Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers,
Floris

FYI: currently on Octopus v2019.12.6

Hi Floris,

You’re quite welcome! Glad to hear that helped.

I found this parameter listed in /api/Spaces-1/packages?nuGetPackageId={PackageId} like shown below:

I hope that helps! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.