API - Finding All Avaliable Properties for a Built in Action

Hello,

I’m trying to create deployment steps from the API. (The goal is to make a Terraform Resource for Octopus Deploy)

I can get a list of the built-in Octopus Deploy Action Templates at api/actiontemplates/search

From there, is there any way from the API I can see what the Step properties are for the built-in ActionTypes?

I would need these for all ActionTypes so I can model them in the Terraform resource.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately this information is not available via the API. However, I can provide you with a link to our Calamari open source code which has a categorised list with the majority of available Properties.

I think this is the closest we have to what you are after so I’m hoping it helps you out here.

If you have any thoughts or questions here, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daneil,

This will help keep me going for a while :slight_smile:

Definitely will make my resource a more complicated as the Octopus UI does a ton of heavy lifting that I cannot see for step creation ;/

Let’s see how I go!

If you are interested:

Still under HEAVY development.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad I was able to help out a bit here.

Please feel free to get in touch at any time. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.