Another Deployment in Progress: Queue Waiting TIme

Another deployment-related activity is in progress on this machine the request has been added to a queue. This is a safety feature to prevent multiple deployments from running at the same time and causing conflicts. To override this behavior, create a project variable with the name ‘OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex’ and a value of ‘True’ and create a new release.

After this build failed.How to make changes that after adding to the queue, the build should go after the previous deployment is done.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately I’m not positive I understand what you’re looking to do, so please correct me if I’ve misunderstood in any way. :slight_smile:

Do you mean you’ve added the deployment task to the queue, and you want to make changes to this deployment before it’s actually deployed? If this is the case, and you’re wanting to add this variable (OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex or any other variables you want added) and want it to take effect in this deployment, you could update the variable snapshot of this release. The following doc page outlines how you can update the variable snapshot of a release.

You could also cancel the queued task, make any changes required to the project and create a new release to apply those changes (or update variable snapshot), and redeploy.

I hope I’ve understood correctly and this helps out! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need to clarify further or just have any followup questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.