An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2018.10.5

Hi,
We upgraded from 2018.6.9 to 2018.10.5 last week and have just noticed that one of our projects has been corrupted.
We can still deploy an older release of the project but cant create a new.
The process page of the project shows the following error :

Octopus v2018.10.5

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘PackageId’ of undefined render (/app/components/Actions/tentaclePackage/tentaclePackageAction.tsx:44:40) Lf (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:147:337) sf:a:{e=b.type;c=b.pendingProps;d=b.memoizedProps;if(nf())null===c&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:150:232) e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349) g (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:183:347) p (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:184:366) 0;null!==a&&c;){c=!1;if(a.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.pendingWorkPriority>b)c=!0,a.pendingWorkPriority=b;null!==a.alternate&&(a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority===T||a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority>b)&&(c=!0,a.alternate.pendingWorkPriority=b);if(null===a[“return”])if (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:188:389) S (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:187:415) enqueueSetState (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:140:181) isMounted (/node_modules/react/cjs/react.production.min.js:12:343)

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve encountered this issue.

We have had another report of this problem and we’ve opened this GitHub issue https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5191. This issue has a script attached to it that you can use to fix the project so it can be edited again.

I hope that helps.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Thanks Henrik, we had to modify the script because it was failing on frozen releases.
The amended script puts the repository.DeploymentProcesses.Modify(process) inside a try/catch.
I’ve uploaded the amended script for anyone else to use.Octopus-fix-issue-22006-for-customer.linq (3.5 KB)

Hi Jay,

Great to hear that you got it working again!

And thank you for the amended script as well.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.