An existing connection being closed forcibly by the remote host

When deploying a nuget package to the server, I am receiving an error during the “acquire package” step. I have attached the log for it. Could you all tell me how to resolve this issue?

An error occurred when sending a request to ‘server name’, after the request began: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
09:43:05Info
Guidance received: Fail
09:43:05Fatal
An error occurred when sending a request to ‘server name’, after the request began: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! You mention that you attached the log for this but I’m not seeing it. The full log would be really helpful. :slight_smile:

It would also be helpful to get a screenshot of the package settings in your package step that is causing the error to occur.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Daniel

Hey Daniel. I think I figured things out yesterday. There is an issue with the package I’m pushing. I need to upload it again. Is there a limit by how large packages should be when deploying via octopus or uploading via octo.exe?

Hi,

Sorry for sending through the empty response template! I’m glad to hear that you got it sorted and its working now!

To answer your question about the NuGet size. Octopus does not restrict the size of NuGet package that it can deploy and octo.exe does not restrict the size it can upload.
We have had customers deploy packages of over 1GB in the past without reporting any issues to us.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or run into any issues.

Regards,
Daniel