All tenants suddenly showing as missing variable

Until a while ago, all of our tenants were fine. Now (at some point I don’t exactly know when) all of the tenants are showing a missing variable warning. When you go into the tenant, there is no warning.

Looking at the underlying API calls it seems to be down to to the “api/Spaces-1/tenants/variables-missing” call it’s making. This is returning all of my tenants. If I “?includeDetails=true” to the end of the API call I can see what it thinks is missing.

It seems to be reporting that a tenant is missing variables because one or more of the projects associated with a tenant is not linked to all of the environments in a lifecycle.

I have Dev, Staging and Production environments, and one of my projects is only linked the the Staging environment. It seems to be reporting that the tenant is missing it’s variables because there are no values for Dev and Production.

Good morning @steve.sherwood

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and sorry to hear you are seeing this issue with your Tenants. Fortunately, we are aware of this issue and it looks like you have run into this bug which we have a GitHub Issue in for, this has recently been fixed in the below versions:

This is a cosmetic issue so your tenants are not actually missing any variables (well, not all of them are at least), if you are able to upgrade to one of those versions or later when they become available on our downloads page that warning triangle should go away again and only appear when your Tenants are actually missing variables.

I don’t know what Octopus Version you are on otherwise I would have checked the page for you but if you take a look you should be able to see if the version you need based on your upgrade path is avaliable.

I hope that helps alleviate any concerns you had surrounding this issue, if there is anything else you need in the meantime please reach out,

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

I upgraded to 2022.1 build 2495 this morning which is the latest release which seems to be on your download page.

Hey @steve.sherwood,

Thank you for confirming that, so you will want to wait for 2022.1.2531 or later to come out, I am hoping it will be released at some point next week. Unfortunately, we don’t know when that bug was introduced for 2022.1 versions so we cannot narrow down versions to remove from our downloads page.

A patch will be out shortly though so keep an eye out on that page, I am also keeping an eye out for customers so if I spot a later version I will let you know on here.

I do apologise you have run into this issue after only just upgrading and we are now advising you to upgrade again potentially next week but hopefully your deployments are not affected.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Ok. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Good morning @steve.sherwood

Octopus version 2022.1.2556 is now available on our downloads page for you to download and install when you are ready, this should include the bug fix for the Tenant variables.

Please let us know if this does fix that issue and we can close this post off as solved.

If you need anything else in the meantime please reach out as we love to help here over at Octopus Support.

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

Installed and confirmed the fix is working as expected.

1 Like

Hey @steve.sherwood,

Fantastic news that’s now working for you, thank you for letting us know.

Reach out if there is anything else you need in the future as we love to help over at Octopus Support!

Kind Regards,

Clare Martin

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.