Additional Tentacles for deploying azure targets

Good morning Team Octopus!

With Octopus 3, all of azure deployments run on the octopus server. This is great for the most part, but we do a lot of azure deployments and they’re starting to get contended on the Octopus Server. Is there any way (without purchasing HA Octopus) to add additional tentacles to the Azure deployment pool? (With it still only deploying once, not to all of them)

I’ve been getting a lot of emails like this lately:

i've also run into the block of 'This Tentacle is currently busy performing a task that cannot be run in conjunction with any other task. Please wait...' on deploying my cloud services and setting OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex didn't seem to help?

Hi Ed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Unfortunately there is no way to add Tentacles to handle Azure deployments, what you can do though is to go to Configuration -> Nodes and increase the Task cap from the default 5 to allow the Octopus server to handle more tasks at once.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

Hello Henrik,
Thank you for your response. When we hit this error though, the running task count is only 1 or 2, it’s not maxed out at 5. I’m not sure increasing the task cap would affect anything, but I’ll give it a shot

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you are still experiencing these issues with your deployements?

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik