Adding Prompt variables with dropdown Via API

Hey Henrik,

I have read couple of your posts about the variableset and would you like to suggest me on the below one
Basically trying to create a variable in a project( prompt variables with drop down with couple of server list ) . Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for getting in touch! Scripting the creation of prompted variables is a bit more complex than it is for standard project/library variables. The closest sample script I’ve been able to find is the following comment from Henrik at this old thread (maybe it’s one you already saw?).

Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to give this a test, but I’d be very interested to hear if that helps get you going.

Additionally, we have a public sample script repository which might help give you a head start. The following creates an environment-scoped project variable via the REST API.

Let me know how you go, or if you have any further questions or concerns. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.