AD integration

Hi Support,

We have an on-premise Octopus server. I’ve done a clean install on our dev server and I’m having trouble setting up AD integration. Our Prod server works perfectly, it was initially setup a few years ago. We do recall having issues integrating with AD but can’t remember exactly what we did to resolve it. I’d like to compare the AD settings in Prod with our new Dev install, can you advise how to do this

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch! I had a dig into previous communications with emails under your domain, and I found one (from 2016) that might be the issue you’re referring to.

The error thrown in that instance was The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. We pointed to the troubleshooting Active Directory doc page, and the resolution looked to be the following.

We needed to add additional permissions for our service account on certain containers in AD.

Does that apply to the issue you’re seeing here? If not, we’ll be happy to look into this further - could you elaborate on the issue/errors you’re seeing, and send log files detailing the error for more context? Feel free to email them to support@octopus.com and I can grab them there. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Lol wow that is the exact same error J Looking at my dev server I am running the service under a different account, I’ll get it swapped over to the same one as prod.

Hi Andrew,

Nice, that sounds like a promising lead! Let me know how you go, or if you have any other questions or concerns going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.