Active Directory login - HTTP 500

Hi there

I’ve configured both of my instances (one prod, one test) to work with AD logins. The prod one works fine. The test one… half so :slight_smile:

What happens is the following: when the users log in via the form (i.e. provide their AD username and password) it works. But when they click the “sign in with a domain account” they get an error (see screenshot).

Note that I’ve configured the service on both instances (they’re on different servers) to use the same AD user. The versions are different: prod uses 2020.1.16 while test uses 2021.2.7808 (latest).

Any idea on how can I troubleshoot this?

Many thanks and regards,

Jim

HI @dandraka,

Welcome to Octopus support. We are sorry you having trouble with the Active Directory.
We have a comprehensive guide on troubleshooting the AD issues. It’s available here: Troubleshooting Active Directory integration - Octopus Deploy

Please take a look if you can resolve it with the steps in the documentation. If it still not working after that, please let us know, we will try to reproduce the issue locally.

Thank you.
Sergei

Thanks @sergei.dubovsky . I’ll turn on logging, as the article suggests, and see what I can find. Is there any other article (I searched but couldn’t find one) that explains how to turn on logging to troubleshoot HTTP 5xx errors?

Many thanks and regards,
Jim

Hi @dandraka,

One more thing to check would be an Octopus Server log. If you have a connection to the Octopus server either via UI or via RDP, please take a look at the server log to see if it contains anything relevant to an issue. It’s on the Configuration/Diagnostics page.

Thank you.
Sergei