Active directory login error

Hi, I am trying to create a new user on octopus and we are currently using Active Directory Authentication for the users to get on the octopus gui. I have given the user the same permissions as other accounts who have access. All details of the account are the same, however, whenever the new user tries to login, they get the following error:

Active directory login error

Would anyone know what this could relate too?

Best,

Adeel

Hi Adeel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It is difficult to know what could be causing the issue at this point.
If you check the logs in the Diagnostics page after the user attempts to log in are there any additional errors being generated that provide more information?

Also, we have several troubleshooting steps for AD detailed here that may help narrow down the problem for you: Troubleshooting Active Directory integration - Octopus Deploy

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for prompt reply. I did check those documents however I am still could not really figure out what was causing the issue.

Diagnostics log the following issue:

Principal ‘User.Name’ (Domain: ‘’) could not be logged on via WIN32: 0x0000052E.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The user name or password is incorrect
2021-03-23 11:40:19Warning
Principal ‘User.Name’ (Domain: ‘’) could not be logged on via WIN32: 0x0000052E.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The user name or password is incorrect

The username and password are the same as in AD. Any advice will be helpful.

best,

Adeel

If it is having problems locating or matching the username then checking the Account configuration within AD and comparing it against other users that are working fine may help. Especially ensuring that the UPN and samAccountName are configured in the same way.

Do you receive successful results when running the Powershell scripts mentioned in the article to retrieve the user’s groups?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.