Ability add a larger description/comments section

We’re trying to put information on octopus specific deployment procedures. For example we’re doing blue/green deployments. We’d like to have a central place for the project to describe the steps needed for a recovery type of scenario. For example, how to revert to the old farm for a bad deployment, or bringing the second farm into production if the load suddenly spikes. And what steps would need to be done to do it, and undo it. I’ve only found the description field in the settings area on the project, however putting this information in a narrow column on the left hand side isn’t exactly usable for this information. It would be nice to have some kind of additional information tab on a per project basis. Does this exist somewhere that I’m missing?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately there is nothing in Octopus that can do this at the moment. Generally the note sections you are referring to are for small notes/points/links. However, if you would like to see something like this in Octopus, we do have a UserVoice section for users to make suggestions that may be worth checking out. You are able to vote/comment on suggestions or create your own. With enough community support, we can look into adding suggestions.

https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions here or run into any issues.

Best regards,
Daniel