3.4.0-beta0002 Deploying .NET Core Above Site Root Update

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any documentation or an update on how to publish up .net core 1 web apps to an azure web app instance. I believe this issue was resolved in 3.4 from the release notes and github issues, but I haven’t been able to figure out to deploy properly despite using the latest beta build. Let me know if this something that is not yet supported or if I am making a mistake somewhere.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting in touch and trying out Octopus 3.4 beta! So much has changed with ASP.NET Core between the Betas, and then RC1, RC2 and finally RTM. We are going to update our guide to centre around ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM, but our most recent testing showed that deploying an ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM application to an Azure Web App using those instructions just works™.

The requirement to publish above wwwroot was for ASP.NET Core pre-RC2, so you could publish files into the approot. So we updated to use WebDeploy 3.6 which enables this behaviour, but now you shouldn’t need it at all - with ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM you simply publish everything into the wwwroot folder. (Finding authoritative information is HARD!)

If it still isn’t working, could you send through some screenshots and deployment logs, and I’ll see if I can help in any way. If you decide to share, please either scrub any sensitive information, or make this conversation private. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!
Mike

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.