25+ Second response to select a release

When selecting a release on our larger projects the response time is around 29 seconds.

/api/Spaces-1/deploymentprocesses/deploymentprocess-Projects-2204-s-18-JNJ9V/template?channel=Channels-2305&releaseId=Releases-40472
Octopus 2020.3.3

My team tells me it has been this way for quite some time so not sure when the slowdown occurred.

This deployment process has 427 steps in it.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear your performance is getting hit this hard when selecting a release. I think the best way to approach this would be to reproduce your exact setup for analysis to figure out the best, most specific way to address the exact causes here. Would you be able/willing to provide us with a database backup for us to stand up locally and have a close look into this? Note you don’t need to send the master key, and when we stand it up without it your sensitive data will be scrubbed out.

If you can provide that, you can upload it on Octopus.com under the Support tab while logged in with your Octopus ID.

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi I will get that organised.

Noticed I am getting Out of Memory errors when looking at app#/Spaces-1/library/lifecycles/Lifecycles-41?activeTab=usage

Wondering if Octopus is not that good at scaling with largish projects

Hi Jason,

Thanks for following up! We’ll certainly have to also look at the out of memory issue when looking at the lifecycle usage when we can have a deep dive into the database. I imagine they might be related, and it’ll be great to get to the bottom of this issue. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Database uploaded