2018.6.2 - Vertical Scrollbar when filtering from dashboard

Hello,

Since upgrading from 2018.3.8 to 2018.6.2 we are seeing some display issues with vertical scrollbars on our project groups. In the screenshot below, I’m filtering from the main dashboard by a project group which contains two projects. When I filter, only one of the two projects in this group is visible and the other gets hidden requiring scrolling to view . Previously both projects would be visible after filtering. I’m seeing this issue in both Chrome and IE:

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understand this behavior can be frustrating.

Based on the information provided in your query, this sounds similar to an existing Github issue which I’ve linked below;

This should be resolved in 2018.6.4 when it’s made available.

However, I attempted to replicate the issue myself and was unsuccessful using Chrome & IE as you highlighted.

If possible, can you please include a copy of the two Projects name here?

I look forward to hearing back from you, your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece,

Thanks for following up. I updated our development environment to 2018.6.4 and still see the issue. I’m starting from the main dashboard with no filters and then filtering to a project group called “QA - Automated Testing” with projects named “Automated Testing - API”, “Postman Tests - Not Environment Specific” and “QA - Automating Testing (Folder Cleanup).” There’s 3 projects in this project group, but when I filter only one is visible with a vertical scrollbar to see the other two. I have a different project group that has 7 projects, but if I filter to that one all of the projects display with no vertical scrollbar. If I switch my main dashboard from a max of 20 projects to 200, then the three projects show after filtering without a scrollbar.

I hope this helps. I created an MP4 video (2MB) to demonstrate, but it wouldn’t allow me to upload to the forum. Let me know if you’d like for me to upload the demonstration video somewhere.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me,

I greatly appreciate your inclusion of this information, this really helps out!

I was able to replicate the same issue you are experiencing, however, from my testing this only occurred when navigating to the dashboard whilst a deployment was currently progress for one of the associated Projects, (refreshing the page when the deployment completed, resolved the issue) can I confirm if you have the dashboard open at all times or if it’s something you’ll navigate to as required?

I look forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

I’ll create a Github issue for this anyway which I’ll link here after hearing back from you, your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Reece

Reece,

I did some further testing and it seems to be related to projects with a failed release in conjunction with the “maximum projects” setting set to a low enough value value where entries are omitted at the main dashboard prior to filtering by project group. In our environment, we have 300+ projects but my dashboard is set to show 50 (plus any with failing deployments). In my first screenshot below, there are 11 projects in the group in question. I didn’t have any scroll issues at first, but I moved a project with a failed deployment in to the group as a test, and now when filtering it only shows one entry with the 11 others hidden by the scrollbar (screenshot #1). When I moved the failed deployment project back to its regular group, everything went back to normal and all entries showed without scrolling. This isn’t causing any significant issues on our side, its just an inconvenience, especially now that we understand it. For now I’m just instructing our users to set their main dashboard maximum project count to a high number as a workaround as if all projects display on the dashboard prior to filtering by project group, we don’t encounter the issue.

Scrollbar issue when project group contains one project with a failed deployment:

This is what is looks like after the failed deployment project is moved:

Thanks,

Nick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.