180 Tenants in Deployment Breaks Server

Hi,

So basically what’s happening is I have 180 customer websites to deploy and when I select the tenants to deploy, either with select all or using tags, and press deploy either the Octopus server will freeze and return a variety of errors including HTTP 418 and 500 or it will near instantly add all tasks to the queue. As far as I can tell this appears to be the moment the 180 requests from my browser hit the Octopus server.

From the database what I can see is requests that don’t appear to be blocked at all but have the same state as orphaned requests almost like the Octopus server isn’t accepting the result of the request leaving it hanging. When I try to stop the service running on the server it takes a good 45-60 seconds.

On the server there is a spike in CPU to about 80% which quickly fades and the Octopus service drops down to passive resource usage.

Has this issues appeared before?

Thanks

Tom

Octopus Server Version: 2019.12.2 (Update pending after upcoming release)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your performance query.

This sounds like it could be related to this issue. If that is the case then it appears that a fix for it was released in version 2020.2.3 and so upgrading may resolve this for you. Could you please let me know if the issue persists after you have upgraded to the newer version?

Best Regards,

Charles

1 Like

Hi Charles,

I’ve finally managed to update our Octopus instance to 2020.4.4 and it appears that this issue has been resolved. While it does take maybe 10 seconds to queue the deployment, instead of the 2/3 it took before it does now appear to consistently work.

Thanks for the help

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you for letting me know, I’m pleased to hear that this is now working.

Please get back in touch with us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.