0 steps in deployment Process when deploying release :(

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately I’m unable to determine why 0 steps are being shown for this deployment. I suspect it could be due to how the steps are scoped - if you’ve configured them to run for only specific environments where none of which is the environment you’re deploying to, that would display 0 steps here. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of your deployment process? That should show how they’re scoped, and I’ll be happy to look through them to determine the cause. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Hiya Kenny,

It’s actually running the deployments how I expect it to. Just noticed that count is inaccurate. I probably could have been a little more verbose in the original item I logged.

Process is attached.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for following up and providing that additional information to help out. That definitely looks like strange behavior. It’s good to hear the deployment runs as expected and it’s only a display issue at least. Unfortunately I still haven’t had success in reproducing this behavior, nor could I find any reported issues or bug fixes around this area. Which Octopus version are you currently running? Since I’m testing in latest (2018.5.6), this was likely fixed in relation to another issue, though I would like to confirm that with a test in your version.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Kind regards,

Kenny

I was running 2018.5.0 after upgrading to 2018.5.6 this is no longer an issue :slight_smile:

Thanks for the assist

Hi Ben,

You’re very welcome! It’s great to hear that fixed it. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.